🛠️How to Replace a Pixel 5 Screen
The Pixel 5 is Google's premium smartphone that has a 6-inch OLED display with a resolution of 1080 x 2340 pixels. The display also has a hole punch for the selfie camera and an under-display fingerprint sensor. The display is one of the most vital and fragile parts of the phone, and it can get damaged by falls, scratches, or impacts. If your Pixel 5 display is broken or cracked, you may wonder if you can replace it yourself or if you need to get it serviced by a professional. Here are some things you need to know before you make a decision.
☝️DIY screen replacement
If you are confident in your DIY skills and have the right tools and parts, you may be able to replace the Pixel 5 display yourself. However, this is not a simple or risk-free process, and it may void your warranty or damage your phone further. Here are some of the difficulties and risks involved in replacing the Pixel 5 display yourself:
• The Pixel 5's display is reinforced with a metal frame and glued to the back of the phone. You will need to heat up the phone and pry it open carefully to avoid damaging the internal components or the battery.
• The earpiece speaker is also glued to the back of the display and needs to be transferred to the new display. You will need to use a spudger or tweezers to detach it gently and reattach it securely.
• The fingerprint sensor is on the back.
• You will need to use a genuine Google Pixel part or a high-quality compatible part for your display replacement. Using a low-quality or counterfeit part may result in poor display quality, touch sensitivity, or functionality.
• You will need to use a new display adhesive to seal the phone after replacing the display. This will ensure that your phone remains dust and water resistant.
⚡If you decide to replace the Pixel 5 display yourself, do it in your own risk or bring it to experts in repairing Pixel 5 screen for safety repair.
Fortunately, replacing the screen on a Pixel 5 is fairly straightforward, but it does require some technical skills and patience. In this article, we will provide step-by-step instructions for replacing the screen on your Pixel 5 phone. We will also touch on some common issues or mistakes that may arise during the replacement process and offer tips or resources for readers to successfully complete the task.
Step 1: Gather the necessary tools and materials
Before you begin the replacement process, you will need to gather the necessary tools and materials. You will need a new screen for your Pixel 5, a heat gun or hairdryer, a pry tool, a Phillips-head screwdriver, and adhesive strips. You can purchase these materials online or from a local electronics store.
Step 2: Power off the phone
The first step in the replacement process is to power off your Pixel 5 phone. This will help prevent any damage to the internal components during the replacement process.
Step 3: Heat the back of the phone
Next, you will need to heat the back of the phone using a heat gun or hairdryer. This will help soften the adhesive holding the back cover in place. Be sure to hold the heat gun or hairdryer a few inches away from the back cover to avoid damaging the phone.
Step 4: Remove the back cover
Once the adhesive has softened, you can use a pry tool to gently lift the back cover off the phone. Be sure to work the pry tool around the edges of the phone to avoid damaging the internal components.
Step 5: Disconnect the battery
Before you begin to replace the screen, you will need to disconnect the battery to prevent any electrical damage. Use the Phillips-head screwdriver to remove the screws on the connector housing and then use the pry tool to lift the connector. Once the battery has been disconnected, set it aside.
Step 6: Remove the old screen
Use the pry tool to remove the adhesive holding the old screen in place. Once the adhesive has been removed, you can gently lift the old screen off the phone.
Step 7: Install the new screen
Carefully position the new screen onto the phone’s frame and press down gently to secure it in place. Then, remove the protective film from the adhesive on the back of the screen. Carefully align the adhesive strips on the back cover with the edges of the phone and press down gently to secure the back cover in place.
Step 8: Reconnect the battery
Use the Phillips-head screwdriver to replace the screws on the connector housing, and then use the pry tool to reconnect the battery.
Step 9: Test the new screen
Turn the phone back on and test the new screen to ensure that it is functioning properly. If there are any issues, you may need to go back and repeat some of the previous steps.
🔥Common challenges and mistakes
Replacing the screen on a Pixel 5 phone can be a challenging task for those with limited technical knowledge or experience. Some common challenges or mistakes you may encounter include damaging the internal components of the phone, misaligning the new screen, or accidentally breaking the new screen during the installation process.
💡Tips and resources
If you experience difficulty during the replacement process, we suggest seeking professional help from a reputable repair shop. Additionally, there are many online tutorials and videos available that can provide additional guidance and support.
💸Cost and feasibility
The cost of replacing the screen on a Pixel 5 phone can vary depending on the location and service provider. However, the cost of replacing a screen is generally less expensive than purchasing a new phone. Ultimately, the feasibility of replacing the screen on your Pixel 5 phone will depend on your technical abilities and access to the necessary tools and materials.
📲Professional phone service
If you are not comfortable with replacing the Pixel 5 display yourself, or if you want to preserve your warranty and avoid any potential risks, you can get your phone serviced by an authorized service provider. Here are some of the advantages and options of getting your phone serviced:
• You can be assured that your phone will be repaired by trained technicians who use genuine Google parts and follow Google's quality standards.
• You can check your warranty status online and see if your phone is eligible for a free or discounted repair. If your phone is out of warranty, you can also get an estimate of the repair cost before you proceed.
• You can choose between walk-in or mail-in service options depending on your location and preference. Walk-in service can often be completed same-day, while mail-in service may take several days or weeks depending on the availability of parts and technicians.
• You can contact Pixel Support online or by phone to request a repair service, check your repair status, or get help with any issues.
If you decide to get your Pixel 5 serviced, you can visit this page from Google, which provides more information and links to authorized service providers.
The Pixel 5 has a stunning and functional display that can improve your user experience. However, if your display gets damaged or cracked, you may need to replace it to restore your phone's performance and appearance. You can either replace the display yourself if you have the skills and tools, or get it serviced by an authorized service provider if you want to avoid any risks or hassles. Either way, you can enjoy using your Pixel 5 again with a new and shiny display.
google pixel 5 screen - genuine
pixel 5 screen replacement part
pixel 5 screen protector
google pixel screen repair cost
google pixel screen replacement
pixel 5 screen size
pixel 5 screen specs