The Pixel 4a is a popular smartphone that offers users an exquisite array of features and capabilities. However, just like any other smartphone, the screen on the Pixel 4a is vulnerable to damage from impact, drops, and scratches. In this guide, we will provide you with step-by-step instructions on how to repair a broken screen on your Google Pixel 4a.
If you have a Google Pixel 4a, you know how amazing this phone is. It has a 5.8-inch OLED display, a fast Snapdragon 730G processor, a 3140 mAh battery, and a 12.2 MP camera. But what if your screen gets damaged by accident? You don't want to compromise your phone's functionality, beauty, or security. That's why you might be wondering if your Google Pixel 4a screen can be fixed.
The answer is yes!
You can fix your Google Pixel 4a screen by an authorized repair partner in your region. Depending on your phone's warranty status and your location, you may have the option of mail-in or walk-in service. You can find the available repair partners in your region here.
💡What are the advantages of fixing your screen?
There are many advantages of fixing your screen by an authorized repair partner. Here are some of them:
• You can restore your phone's original condition and performance.
• You can avoid further damage to your phone's internal components.
• You can save money compared to buying a new phone or going to an unauthorized repair shop.
• You can get a warranty on the repair parts and labor.
🚀What are the difficulties of fixing your screen?
There are also some difficulties of fixing your screen by an authorized repair partner. Here are some of them:
• You may have to wait for an appointment or for the repair to be completed.
• You may have to pay for the repair if your phone is out of warranty or the damage is not covered by warranty.
• You may have to back up your data and factory reset your phone before sending it for repair.
• You may have to follow some special instructions if you are reusing the screen.
⚡How to fix your screen?
If you decide to fix your screen by an authorized repair partner, here are the steps you need to follow:
• Check your phone's warranty status and find an available repair partner in your region here.
• Contact the repair partner and follow their instructions to book an appointment or send your phone for mail-in service.
• Back up your data and factory reset your phone before sending it for repair.
• Follow the repair partner's instructions to pack and ship your phone safely.
• Wait for the repair to be completed and receive your phone back.
⚠️If you decide to repair your own phone screen, repair it on your own risk.
Before you begin, it is essential to note that repairing a smartphone screen requires a certain level of technical skill and expertise. If you are not confident in your ability to navigate the repair process, it is best to seek the help of a professional. Additionally, replacing the screen on your phone may void its warranty, so proceed with caution.
- A replacement screen
- A small Phillips head screwdriver
- A plastic opening tool or prying tool
- A heat gun or hair dryer
- A pair of tweezers
- Adhesive tape
- A suction cup
- A flat and clean workspace
1. Power off your Google Pixel 4a and remove the SIM card tray.
2. Using the Phillips head screwdriver, remove the screws located at the bottom of the phone.
3. Use the plastic or prying tool to carefully remove the back cover of the phone. Start at the bottom and turn the tool in a circular motion around the edges of the phone.
4. Once the back cover is removed, detach the battery by unplugging the connectors with a pair of tweezers.
5. Remove the six screws that secure the motherboard to the frame of the phone.
6. Carefully pry out the motherboard and disconnect any cables and connectors attached to it.
7. Use the heat gun to warm the adhesive holding the broken screen in place. Alternatively, you can use a hairdryer to achieve the same effect.
8. Once the adhesive has been sufficiently warmed, use the suction cup to pull the broken screen away from the rest of the phone. Be sure to apply gentle pressure and avoid pulling too hard.
9. Disconnect any remaining cables and connectors from the broken screen before removing it entirely.
10. Take the time to remove any remaining adhesive residue from the phone's frame, being cautious not to damage any of the components or cables.
11. Affix the new screen in place and secure it using adhesive tape.
12. Reassemble the phone in the reverse order of the previous steps, making sure to reconnect all cables and connectors.
13. Test the phone to ensure that the new screen is working correctly and that all functions are working as intended.
Common Issues and Troubleshooting
One common issue that may arise during the screen repair process is damaging the cables and connectors attached to the motherboard. To avoid this, use a pair of tweezers to disconnect cables and connectors carefully, ensuring that you do not pull too hard or damage the connectors.
Additionally, it is essential to use the correct tools and techniques when removing the back cover and motherboard. Apply careful pressure and avoid applying excessive force that can cause damage to the phone's internal components.
Tips and Tricks
To avoid future damage to your phone's screen, consider using a screen protector and a protective phone case. These accessories can help prevent scratches and minor impacts from damaging your phone's screen.
Another precaution that you can take is to adjust your phone's settings to reduce the chances of the screen being damaged. For example, you can reduce the brightness or turn on the "screen timeout" feature to prevent prolonged exposure to bright light.
Repairing a broken screen on a Google Pixel 4a requires patience, precision, and the right tools. By following the steps outlined in this guide, you can successfully replace a damaged screen on your phone and restore it to its former glory. Remember to take your time, be diligent, and follow best practices to ensure the repair process goes smoothly.
google pixel 4a screen replacement price
google pixel 4a screen repair near me
google pixel 4a screen - genuine
pixel 4a screen replacement kit
google pixel 4a screen protector