The OnePlus 7 Pro, smartphone that was launched in May 2019 has a glass back with a frosted finish, and comes in Mirror Grey, Almond, and Nebula Blue colors. The back covers are made of different materials, such as artificial leather, fibre, metal, plastic, rubber, etc. Some back covers also have extra features, such as a stand, a grip, or a dual protection.
The OnePlus 7 Pro is a 2019 smartphone with a 6.67-inch Fluid AMOLED screen that has a 90Hz refresh rate and HDR10+ support. It is powered by the Snapdragon 855 chipset, which has an octa-core CPU and an Adreno 640 GPU. It also has 8 GB or 12 GB of RAM and 128 GB or 256 GB of UFS 3.0 storage. The OnePlus 7 Pro has a 4000 mAh battery that supports Warp Charge 30W, which can charge the phone from 0% to 70% in just half an hour. It runs on Android 10, which can be upgraded to Android 12. The OnePlus 7 Pro has a triple camera setup on the back, which consists of a 48 MP main camera with OIS and EIS, a 12 MP telephoto camera with 2x optical zoom, and a 16 MP ultrawide camera with a 117-degree field of view. The front camera is a motorized pop-up 16 MP selfie camera with EIS.
📲OnePlus 7 Pro back cover
When it comes to smartphones, the back panel is often overlooked by users in favor of other attention-grabbing features. However, the back panel material plays a crucial role in the overall user experience, impacting aspects such as durability, weight, grip, and even aesthetic appeal. The OnePlus 7 Pro, a flagship device equipped with top-of-the-line specifications, offers several options for its back panel material. In this article, we'll explore the different materials used for the back panel of the OnePlus 7 Pro, examine their properties, advantages, and disadvantages, and delve into the manufacturing process and unique features associated with each material.
One of the most popular options for smartphone back panels is glass, and the OnePlus 7 Pro offers a stunning glass variant. Glass offers an elegant and premium look with a glossy finish. It enhances the aesthetic appeal of the device and allows for various color choices. The glass back panel also enables wireless charging, which is a significant advantage for users who prefer cable-free convenience.
- Durability: Though glass can be prone to cracks and shatters upon impact, modern smartphones utilize strengthened glass, such as Corning Gorilla Glass, to enhance durability.
- Weight: Glass back panels tend to add more weight to the device compared to other materials.
- Aesthetic appeal: Glass offers a sleek and premium look, creating a more visually appealing device.
- Premium look and feel: Glass back panels enhance the device's overall aesthetics, giving it a premium appearance.
- Wireless charging: Glass panels allow for wireless charging, providing convenience to users.
- Fragility: Glass is more prone to cracking and shattering upon drops or impacts.
- Slippery: The smooth surface of glass can make the device slippery to hold, potentially increasing the risk of accidental drops.
The manufacturing process of glass back panels involves shaping and strengthening the glass using various techniques such as molding, cutting, and tempering. Corning's advanced glass strengthening technologies, like Gorilla Glass, are commonly used to ensure durability.
The OnePlus 7 Pro's glass back panel features a gradient finish, which adds depth to the design and creates an eye-catching visual effect. Additionally, the glass is smudge-resistant, reducing the need for constant cleaning.
Another popular choice for smartphone back panels is metal, known for its durability and robustness. The OnePlus 7 Pro also offers a metal variant that brings its own unique set of properties.
- Durability: Metal back panels provide excellent resistance to drops and impacts.
- Weight: Compared to glass, metal is generally lighter, contributing to a more comfortable user experience.
- Aesthetic appeal: Metal offers a sleek, minimalist look with a matte finish.
- Durability: Metal back panels are generally more resistant to cracks and shatters, making them suitable for users who prioritize ruggedness.
- Excellent conductivity: Metal is an efficient conductor of heat, aiding in heat dissipation and preventing the device from overheating.
- Signal interference: Metal can interfere with wireless signals, potentially decreasing signal strength.
- Limited color options: Compared to glass, metal back panels offer fewer color choices and often have a more subdued appearance.
The manufacturing process of metal back panels involves precision machining and processing to shape the metal into the desired form. Various finishing techniques like anodizing or sandblasting may be used to achieve the desired texture and appearance.
Carbon fiber is a lightweight, high-strength material that has gained popularity in the automotive and aerospace industries. However, it is less commonly used for smartphone back panels. Carbon fiber offers some unique properties that can enhance the OnePlus 7 Pro's user experience.
- Durability: Carbon fiber is known for its exceptional strength-to-weight ratio, making it highly resistant to impact and damage.
- Weight: Carbon fiber is significantly lighter than both metal and glass, resulting in a more comfortable device to hold.
- Lightweight: Carbon fiber back panels contribute to a lighter device, reducing fatigue during extended use.
- Excellent strength: Carbon fiber offers greater durability and impact resistance compared to other materials.
- Heat resistance: Carbon fiber exhibits excellent thermal resistance, aiding in heat dissipation and preventing the device from overheating.
- Limited availability: Carbon fiber is less commonly used as a smartphone back panel material, resulting in limited availability.
- Higher cost: The use of carbon fiber in smartphone manufacturing can increase the device's cost compared to other materials.
The manufacturing process of carbon fiber back panels involves weaving carbon fiber strands together and impregnating them with a resin material. Afterward, the material is cured under heat and pressure to create a rigid carbon fiber composite.
The back panel material of a smartphone, such as the OnePlus 7 Pro, plays a pivotal role in determining its durability, weight, grip, heat dissipation, and overall aesthetic appeal. Glass offers a premium look, wireless charging compatibility, but also introduces fragility and slipperiness. Metal provides ruggedness, excellent heat dissipation, and signal interference concerns. Carbon fiber offers lightweight strength and superb heat resistance, although it may be less commonly available and more costly.
By considering the advantages and disadvantages of each material, users can make an informed decision based on their preferences and priorities. As smartphone technology continues to evolve, manufacturers strive to strike a balance between durability, aesthetics, and user experience through the careful selection and implementation of back panel materials.
What is the back of oneplus 7 pro made of which country
What is the back of oneplus 7 pro made of reddit
What is the back of oneplus 7 pro made of gsmarena
oneplus 7t pro
oneplus 7 pro price
oneplus 7 pro release date
oneplus 7 pro rear cover price
oneplus 7 release date
oneplus 7 5g