The OnePlus 6, smartphone that was launched in May 2018 is a smartphone that has a glass back and a metal frame. It has a 6.28-inch display, a Snapdragon 845 processor, and a dual camera setup on the back. It also has a fingerprint scanner, a 3.5mm headphone jack, and a USB Type-C port. The OnePlus 6 comes in four colors: Midnight Black, Mirror Black, Silk White, and Amber Red.
The back cover of the OnePlus 6 is made of glass, which gives it a premium look and feel. However, glass is also prone to scratches and cracks, so you might want to protect it with a case. There are many options for OnePlus 6 back covers, such as silicone, TPU, carbon fiber, leather, and more. Some back covers also have special features, such as shockproof, waterproof, or magnetic properties. You can choose the one that suits your style and needs.
🛠️Replacing the Back of a OnePlus 6 Smartphone: Pros, Cons, and Expert Insights
The OnePlus 6 smartphone offers a sleek and stylish design, but accidents happen, and the back may become damaged or scratched over time. If you're considering replacing the back of your OnePlus 6, it's important to understand the process, necessary tools, and potential pros and cons. In this article, we will provide detailed step-by-step instructions, highlight user experiences, explore expert insights, discuss the impact on aesthetics, durability, and warranty, and suggest alternative options for modifying the device's back.
1. Preparing for the Replacement:
a. Gather the necessary tools, including a heat gun or hairdryer, a spudger or plastic pry tool, a screwdriver set (Torx T5 and T3), and a suction cup.
b. Ensure you are working in a clean and dry area to prevent any dust or debris from entering the device.
c. Power off the OnePlus 6 and remove the SIM card tray.
2. Softening the Adhesive:
a. Apply heat to the back of the phone, focusing on the area near the edges.
b. After heating for a few minutes, place the suction cup on the back near the fingerprint sensor.
c. Use the suction cup to create a small gap between the back cover and the frame.
d. Insert a spudger or plastic pry tool into the gap and gently separate the back cover from the frame by sliding the tool along the edges. Avoid using excessive force to prevent damage.
3. Removing the Back Cover:
a. Once a portion of the back cover is separated, use your fingers or a spudger to continue detaching the adhesive until the back cover is fully removed.
b. Be cautious around the camera bump as it may be slightly difficult to navigate around.
4. Replacing the Back Cover:
a. Carefully peel off any remaining adhesive from the device's frame and back cover.
b. Align the new back cover with the frame and ensure all the ports, buttons, and camera cutouts are properly aligned.
c. Apply gentle pressure to the back cover, securing it in place.
d. Use a soft cloth to remove any fingerprints or smudges.
📌Pros and Cons of Replacing the Back Cover
1. Improved aesthetics: By replacing the damaged back cover, you can restore the original look of your OnePlus 6 smartphone.
2. Personalization: Some aftermarket back covers allow for unique customization options, allowing you to express your style.
3. Cost-effective: Replacing the back cover is generally cheaper than purchasing a new device.
1. Reduced durability: Aftermarket back covers may not offer the same level of durability and protection as the original.
2. Impact on warranty: Replacing the back cover may void the device's warranty.
3. Challenges and risks: The process requires careful detachment of the adhesive, which can be challenging without proper technique or tools. Additionally, there is a risk of damaging the device if not done correctly.
User Experiences and Expert Insights:
Reviews from OnePlus 6 users who have replaced the back cover are largely positive, with users reporting satisfaction with the restored aesthetics and ability to personalize their device. However, it is important to exercise caution and follow the replacement process carefully to minimize risks.
Expert insights suggest that improper detachment of the adhesive or excessive force during removal can lead to damage to the device's internal components or the back cover itself. It is recommended to have the replacement done by a professional if you lack technical skills, to ensure that the device remains intact.
💡Tips and Alternative Options
1. Skin or vinyl wraps: If you are concerned about the risks associated with replacing the back cover, a skin or vinyl wrap can offer a protective layer and the ability to personalize the appearance without altering the device's original design.
2. Consider a protective case: Instead of replacing the back cover, investing in a durable and protective case can enhance the aesthetic appeal and offer long-term protection against scratches and impacts.
Replacing the back cover of a OnePlus 6 smartphone can be a great option to restore aesthetics and personalize the device. However, it's important to weigh the pros and cons, including impacts on durability, warranty, and potential challenges. By following the step-by-step instructions, exercising caution, and considering alternative options, users of varying technical skills can make informed choices based on their personal preferences and needs.
Can you replace the back of oneplus 6 pro
oneplus 6 back glass replacement
oneplus 6 back cover
oneplus 6t back cover
oneplus 6 battery replacement
oneplus 6 screen replacement
how to open oneplus 7 back cover
oneplus 6 display price