The iPhone 8 Plus, smartphone that was launched in September 2017 features a Lightning port, which is a versatile connector that allows you to charge your phone, sync it with your computer, connect it to your car, and use various accessories. The Lightning port enables fast charging, which can boost your phone's battery up to 50 percent in just half an hour. To enjoy fast charging, you need to use an Apple USB-C to Lightning cable and a compatible power adapter that supports USB Power Delivery (USB-PD). You can choose from a range of Apple power adapters or use a third-party one that meets the same standards.
The iPhone 8 Plus also supports wireless charging, which lets you charge your phone without plugging in any cables. Wireless charging is more convenient but slower than fast charging. The iPhone 8 Plus can only wirelessly charge at a maximum of 7.5W, so using a higher-wattage wireless charger will not make any difference. The phone will automatically adjust the power draw from the wireless charger to match its limit. Newer iPhones have improved wireless charging speeds and can reach up to 15W. The iPhone 8 Plus has a Retina HD display with a 1920-by-1080-pixel resolution at 401 ppi. It comes with 64GB, 128GB, or 256GB of storage capacity and various color options, such as Space Gray, Silver, Gold, and (PRODUCT) RED.
⚠️iPhone 8 Plus not charging
The iPhone 8 Plus is a reliable device known for its numerous features and high performance. However, just like any other electronic device, it is not free from issues. One of the most common problems faced by iPhone 8 Plus users is the device not charging. This can be very frustrating, especially when you need to use your phone urgently or have important things to do. In this article, we will explore the various reasons why your iPhone 8 Plus might not be charging and provide troubleshooting steps to help resolve the issue.
💥Possible reasons for iPhone 8 Plus not charging
1. Faulty charging cable: One of the main culprits behind an iPhone not charging is a faulty or damaged charging cable. Over time, the cable may become frayed, or the connectors might break. Make sure to check the cable for any visible damage such as exposed wires or bent connectors.
2. Dirt or debris in the charging port: Another common reason for charging issues is a clogged charging port. This can prevent the charging cable from making proper contact with the device. Note that lint, dust, or even small debris can accumulate in the charging port over time, obstructing the connection.
3. Software issue: Sometimes, the problem may lie within the iPhone's software. Certain glitches or bugs can interfere with the device's charging mechanism. This can be resolved by troubleshooting the software or performing a hard reset.
📌Troubleshooting steps to try
1. Check the charging cable and power adapter: Examine your charging cable for any physical damage. If the cable looks fine, try using a different charging cable and power adapter to rule out any issues with these components.
2. Inspect the charging port: Using a flashlight, gently inspect the charging port of your iPhone 8 Plus. Look for any dirt, lint, or debris that might be obstructing the connection. If you notice any, proceed to clean the charging port.
3. Clean the charging port: To clean the charging port, turn off your iPhone, then gently insert a soft-bristled brush or a clean toothbrush into the port. Gently brush around the sides and bottom to remove any visible dirt or debris. Be cautious not to push any debris further into the port.
4. Try a hard reset: A hard reset can often resolve software-related issues. To perform a hard reset on your iPhone 8 Plus, press and quickly release the volume up button, then press and release the volume down button. Finally, press and hold the side button until the Apple logo appears. This should force restart your iPhone.
5. Test with a different power source: If none of the above steps worked, try charging your iPhone from a different power source. Plug it into a wall charger instead of a computer or vice versa.
📲Seeking professional assistance
If none of the troubleshooting steps mentioned above resolve the issue, it may be a more complex problem that requires professional attention. Contact Apple Support or visit an Apple Store to get your device examined by an expert technician.
An iPhone 8 Plus not charging can be caused by a faulty charging cable, dirt or debris in the charging port, or a software issue. By following the troubleshooting steps mentioned in this article such as checking the cable and power adapter, inspecting and cleaning the charging port, or performing a hard reset, you should be able to identify and resolve the issue in most cases. However, it is crucial to remember that if the problem persists, it is best to seek professional assistance from Apple Support.
Why is my iphone 8 plus not charging or turning on
iphone not charging when plugged in
iphone not charging or turning on
iphone 8 plus not charging 0% remaining
iphone 8 plus charging port replacement cost
how to clean iphone charging port
why is my phone not charging even though it says it is
iphone 8 charging port not working