The iPhone 6s Plus, smartphone that was launched in September 2015 has a slightly smaller battery than its predecessor, the iPhone 6 Plus. The battery capacity is 2750mAh or 10.45Wh, compared to 2900mAh or 11.1Wh for the iPhone 6 Plus. However, this does not mean that the iPhone 6s Plus has a shorter battery life. In fact, the iPhone 6s Plus has a more advanced processor and software that can optimize the battery usage. Depending on the usage patterns, the iPhone 6s Plus can last for up to 9 hours of web browsing, 12 hours of video playback, or 80 hours of audio playback on a single charge.
The iPhone 6s Plus comes with a standard charger and cable that can fully charge the device in about 3 hours. However, some users have found that using a faster charger, such as the one for the iPad or a third-party one, can speed up the charging process significantly. For example, using the iPad's charger can charge the iPhone 6s Plus from 0% to 50% in about an hour. The iPhone 6s Plus does not have wireless charging built-in, but there are some accessories that can enable this feature. For instance, there are wireless charging cases that can attach to the iPhone and connect to a wireless charging pad. Some of these cases also have extra batteries that can extend the battery life of the iPhone. Alternatively, there are wireless charging receivers that can plug into the Lightning port and stick to the back of the iPhone. These receivers are thinner and cheaper than cases, but they may not work well with some other accessories that use the Lightning port.
⚙️Replacing the battery on an iPhone 6s Plus can breathe new life into the device and improve its overall performance.
Whether your iPhone is struggling to hold a charge or experiencing unexpected shutdowns, replacing the battery can solve these issues and save you from investing in a new device. In this article, we will provide a detailed guide on the battery replacement process for an iPhone 6s Plus, including official guidelines from Apple and tips from credible sources.
📲The first step in replacing the battery is to ensure you have a compatible replacement battery.
Apple recommends using genuine batteries, and it's advisable to purchase from authorized resellers or Apple directly to ensure quality and compatibility. A genuine battery may cost depends on location, plus any additional costs for professional installation if you choose not to undertake the replacement yourself.
🛠️If you decide to replace the battery yourself
Gather the necessary tools, including a pentalobe screwdriver, a small suction cup, tweezers, and a spudger. These tools will assist you in safely removing the battery without damaging any internal components.
👣Step-by-step guide to replacing the battery on an iPhone 6s Plus
1. Start by turning off your iPhone and disconnecting any cables or accessories.
2. Use the pentalobe screwdriver to remove the two screws on either side of the charging port.
3. Place the suction cup just above the home button, ensuring it is securely attached to the screen.
4. Apply gentle and steady upward pressure on the suction cup while using your thumb to hold down the screen near the bottom.
5. With the suction cup still attached, use your other hand to insert the spudger between the screen and the rear case, then gently pry the screen up.
6. Carefully lift the screen to about a 90-degree angle, being mindful of the fragile ribbon cables connecting the display to the motherboard.
7. Use the spudger to disconnect these ribbon cables by prying them up gently.
8. Once the screen is completely detached, remove the five screws securing the metal plate covering the battery connector.
9. Use the spudger to carefully disconnect the battery connector. Take caution not to damage any surrounding components.
10. With the battery connector disconnected, you can now remove the old battery by carefully pulling up the adhesive tabs that secure it to the chassis. If the adhesive tabs break, use the spudger to gently pry the battery out.
11. Install the new battery by aligning it with the chassis and pressing it firmly into place.
12. Reconnect the battery connector, ensuring it is properly seated.
13. Replace the metal plate covering the battery connector and secure it with the five screws.
14. Reattach the screen by aligning the ribbon cables with their respective connectors and lowering the screen slowly.
15. Snap the screen back into place by applying even pressure along its edges.
16. Finally, use the pentalobe screwdriver to reinsert the two screws on either side of the charging port.
While replacing the battery on an iPhone 6s Plus can be a relatively straightforward process, there are some potential risks and issues to consider. A common concern is accidentally damaging internal components during the replacement. Therefore, it is crucial to follow the step-by-step instructions carefully and exercise caution when handling the delicate ribbon cables or using tools near other components.
For those who are unsure about replacing the battery themselves, it's advisable to seek professional help. Apple's official guidelines suggest going to an authorized service provider or the Apple Store to ensure a safe and precise battery replacement. Though this option may be more expensive, it guarantees a reliable and warranty-backed service.
Replacing the battery on an iPhone 6s Plus can offer several benefits. First and foremost, it can solve issues with battery life, such as rapid draining or unexpected shutdowns. A new battery can provide longer usage time and a more consistent charge, ensuring your iPhone remains functional throughout the day.
User experiences also highlight improvements in overall performance and responsiveness after a battery replacement. Replacing the battery can help address sluggishness or lag, providing a smoother user experience and reducing frustration. Additionally, it can extend the lifespan of your device, potentially saving you hundreds of dollars on purchasing a new iPhone.
Before attempting a battery replacement, it is essential to back up your iPhone's data and ensure it is updated to the latest iOS version. This precautionary measure helps protect your valuable information and ensures compatibility with the new battery.
Replacing the battery on an iPhone 6s Plus can be a cost-effective solution to various battery-related issues. By following the step-by-step instructions outlined above, you can safely and efficiently replace the battery in your iPhone, potentially improving its performance and extending its lifespan. However, if you are uncertain or uncomfortable handling the delicate internals of your device, it is recommended to seek professional assistance from authorized service providers or the Apple Store to ensure a high-quality and warranted battery replacement.
iphone 6s plus battery replacement price
iphone 6s plus original battery price
iphone 6s plus battery replacement near me
iphone battery replacement australia cost
iphone 6s battery replacement
iphone 6s plus battery mah
best iphone 6s plus battery replacement
iphone 6s plus battery life