The Huawei Nova 3i is a smartphone that has a USB Type-C charging port, smartphone that was launched in July 2018. Unfortunately, your Huawei Nova 3i doesn’t have Qi Wireless Charging integrated. However, you can use a Wireless Charging Adapter for your device in order to make it Qi compatible which enables it to charge wirelessly using Qi wireless charging technology. Qi wireless charging is a global standard that allows compatible devices to charge by placing them on a charging pad or dock that sends power wirelessly. The Nova 3i can charge wirelessly at a maximum power of 15 watts, which is relatively fast compared to some other smartphones. However, the actual charging speed may depend on the quality of the charging pad or dock.
The Huawei Nova 3i also supports two cable charging modes: 9 V/2 A Huawei fast charging and 5 V/4.5 A Huawei super fast charging. These modes provide higher power output and faster charging speeds than wireless charging, but they require both the phone and the charger to have the same standards. Some users have reported that the Huawei Nova 3i may not activate these modes, even with a compatible charger.
💡Troubleshooting Guide: Nova 3i Not Charging – Comprehensive Solutions
Facing charging issues with your Nova 3i smartphone can be frustrating. This guide aims to provide step-by-step instructions to troubleshoot common charging problems and help you fix the issue. We will explore potential causes and solutions based on user experiences, expert advice, and official documentation for the Nova 3i.
⚡Checking the Charger and Cable
Step 1: Inspect the Power Adapter
- Ensure the power adapter is plugged in securely and the LED indicator is on, indicating power is being provided.
- Use a different outlet or power source to rule out any socket issues.
- If using a power strip or extension cord, try connecting the charger directly to the wall outlet.
Step 2: Examine the USB Cable
- Inspect the USB cable for any physical damage, such as frayed wires or bent connectors.
- Try using a different USB cable, preferably an original or certified cable suitable for your device.
- Clean the charging port and cable connectors using compressed air or a soft brush to remove dust or debris that may hinder the charging process.
🔎Inspecting the Charging Port
Step 1: Check for Physical Damages
- Inspect the charging port for any debris, lint, or corrosion that might obstruct proper connection.
- Use a flashlight to ensure the pins inside the charging port are not bent or damaged.
- If the port appears dirty, use a wooden or plastic toothpick to gently remove any accumulated dirt, taking care not to damage the internal pins.
Step 2: Safety Power Off and Clean
- Before cleaning the charging port, power off your Nova 3i.
- Use a soft brush or a toothpick to carefully remove any dirt or lint present.
- Avoid using sharp objects like metal pins that might damage the port.
📲Restarting the Phone
Step 1: Perform a Soft Reset
- Press and hold the Power button until the "Power Off" or "Restart" options appear on the screen.
- Tap on "Restart" and allow the device to reboot.
- Check if the phone is charging normally after the restart.
Software Updates and Settings
Step 1: Check for System Updates
- Open the Settings app on your Nova 3i.
- Scroll down and tap on "System" and then "System update."
- If an update is available, follow the prompts to install it.
- System updates often include bug fixes and improvements that may resolve charging issues.
Step 2: Battery Optimization Settings
- Go to Settings > Battery > Battery optimization.
- Disable optimization for any apps that are essential to your daily usage, such as messaging or email applications.
- Some users have reported that aggressive battery optimization can interfere with charging.
Battery and Power Issues
Step 1: Drain and Recharge the Battery
- Use the phone until the battery drains completely.
- Connect the charger and leave it connected for at least 30 minutes before attempting to turn on the device.
- If the charging logo appears, allow the phone to charge fully before unplugging it.
- Repeat this process if necessary to recalibrate the battery.
Step 2: Factory Reset (Last Resort)
- Backup your data and settings as a factory reset erases all data.
- Open the Settings app, navigate to System > Reset > Factory data reset.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to perform a factory reset.
- After the reset, set up your device and check if the charging issue is resolved.
Seeking Technical Support
- If you have tried all the above steps without success, it's recommended to seek technical support from Huawei's official website, customer support forums, or visit an authorized service center. These sources will have more specific guidance for Nova 3i charging issues and may provide solutions not covered in this guide.
Charging issues with the Nova 3i can often be resolved by following the troubleshooting steps outlined in this guide. By checking the charger and cable, inspecting the charging port, restarting the phone, updating software, and addressing battery and power issues, users can maximize the chances of resolving their charging problem. However, if the issue persists, it's advisable to reach out to official sources for further assistance, such as Huawei's customer support. Always prioritize safety while dealing with charging-related troubleshooting.
Why my nova 3i is not charging huawei
nova 3i charging ways jumper
nova 3i fake charging
huawei nova 3i won't charge
huawei phone showing charging but battery