The Huawei Mate 20 Pro is a premium smartphone launched in 2018. It features a 6.39-inch OLED display with a notch and a resolution of 1440 x 3120 pixels. The display is one of the key attractions of the device, but it can also be prone to damage due to accidental drops or scratches.
Replacing the screen on a Huawei Mate 20 Pro smartphone may seem like a daunting task, but with the right tools, precautions, and instructions, it can be done successfully. In this article, we will guide you through a step-by-step process of replacing the screen on your Huawei Mate 20 Pro, along with necessary tools, precautions to take, potential challenges, and tips for a successful replacement.
👀How to get a new screen for your Huawei Mate 20 Pro?
If you need to replace the screen for your Huawei Mate 20 Pro, you have several options, depending on your skills, budget, and preference. You can either do it yourself, send it to Huawei Authorized Service Center, or use a third-party service provider.
If you choose to do it yourself, you will need to buy a replacement screen compatible with the Huawei Mate 20 Pro smartphone. You will also need some tools, such as a Phillips #00 screwdriver, an iOpener, a suction handle, an opening pick, a spudger, and tweezers. You can follow this guide to replace the screen step by step. Be careful not to damage the battery or other components while removing the old screen. You will also need some adhesive to reattach the new screen.
If you prefer to send your phone to Huawei Authorized Service Center, you will have to pay a fee depending on the type of damage and whether you have purchased Huawei Care. Huawei Care is a service product that provides extended warranty and screen protection for selected Huawei devices. If you have purchased Huawei Care and your eligibility is still valid, you can get your broken screen fixed free of charge at Huawei Authorized Service Center. You can check your eligibility for Huawei Care on the official website. If you have not purchased Huawei Care, you can still get your screen replaced at Huawei Authorized Service Center, but the fee may vary depending on the model and location.
📲Another option is to use a third-party service provider
such as Sydney CBD Repair Centre, which offers fast and reliable Huawei screen repair services in Australia. You can contact them to get a quote and book an appointment online.
To find out more about the screen replacement options for your Huawei Mate 20 Pro, you can visit the official website or contact the nearest Huawei Authorized Service Center. You can also check out some online resources that provide more information about Huawei screen repair.
Do it with your own risk.
1. Huawei Mate 20 Pro replacement screen
2. Screwdriver set
3. Plastic pry tools or spudger
4. Suction cup tool or screen removal tool
5. Heat gun or hairdryer
6. Adhesive tape or adhesive glue
1. Before starting the screen replacement process, ensure that you have a clean and well-lit work area to prevent any loss of small components or damage to the device.
2. Note that replacing the screen may void your warranty. Proceed with caution if your device is still under warranty.
3. It is recommended to back up all your data before starting the replacement process to avoid any potential loss or damage to your files.
4. Make sure to disconnect the battery before proceeding to ensure your safety and prevent any potential damage to the device during the replacement process.
5. Handle all tools and components with care to avoid any injury or damage to the device.
6. If you are unsure about any step during the process, it is advised to seek professional assistance rather than risking further damage to your device.
1. Powering Off and Removing the SIM Card Tray:
a. Power off your Huawei Mate 20 Pro.
b. Use the SIM ejection tool or a paperclip to remove the SIM card tray located on the side of the device.
2. Removing the Back Cover:
a. Warm up the back cover of the device using a heat gun or hairdryer for a few minutes. This will soften the adhesive underneath the back cover.
b. Once the back cover is warm, insert a plastic pry tool or spudger into the small gap between the back cover and the frame of the device.
c. Gently apply pressure and slide the pry tool along the edges to loosen the back cover.
d. Lift the back cover away from the device by using your fingers.
3. Disconnecting the Battery:
a. Locate the battery connector near the center of the device.
b. Use a screwdriver to remove the screws securing the metal plate covering the battery connector.
c. Disconnect the battery connector by lifting it gently using a plastic pry tool or spudger.
4. Removing the Old Screen:
a. Once the battery is disconnected, gently lift the screen assembly from the bottom edge using a suction cup tool or screen removal tool.
b. Slowly separate the display assembly from the device by gently prying it away using a plastic pry tool or spudger.
c. Be careful not to apply excessive force, as the screen assembly is still connected to the device through ribbon cables.
5. Disconnecting the Ribbon Cables:
a. Locate the ribbon cable connectors on the back of the screen assembly.
b. Use a plastic pry tool or spudger to gently lift and disconnect the ribbon cables from the connectors.
c. Take note of the order and position of the ribbon cables for reassembly later.
6. Installing the New Screen:
a. Connect the ribbon cables of the new screen to their corresponding connectors on the device.
b. Gently press down on the connectors to secure the ribbon cables in place.
c. Carefully lower the new screen assembly onto the device, aligning it with the frame.
d. Ensure that the screen assembly is flush with the frame and sits flat.
7. Reassembling and Testing:
a. Reconnect the battery connector and secure the metal plate covering it with screws.
b. Place the back cover of the device back onto the frame and press it firmly to ensure good adhesion.
c. Insert the SIM card tray back into the device's slot.
d. Power on the device and test the new screen to ensure it is functioning properly.
1. Adhesive removal: The adhesive used to secure the back cover and screen may be difficult to remove. Applying heat and using a plastic pry tool or spudger can help in loosening the adhesive.
2. Ribbon cable damage: The ribbon cables connecting the screen assembly to the device are fragile. Be cautious when disconnecting and reconnecting them to avoid any damage.
3. Misalignment: When installing the new screen, it is crucial to align it properly with the device's frame. Misalignment may result in poor display quality or an uneven fit.
Pros and Cons of DIY Screen Replacement vs. Professional Assistance:
DIY Screen Replacement:
1. Cost-saving, as professional repair services can be expensive.
2. Gives you a better understanding of your device's components.
3. Can be done at your own convenience.
1. Risk of further damage if not done correctly.
2. May void the device's warranty.
3. Requires careful handling and attention to detail.
1. Expertise and experience in handling screen replacements.
2. Warranty protection for the repair service.
1. Higher cost compared to a DIY replacement.
2. May require you to leave your device at the repair center, causing potential inconvenience.
💡Tips and Recommendations for a Successful Screen Replacement
1. Preparing your workspace: Keep your tools, components, and screws organized in separate compartments or containers to avoid misplacing anything during the replacement process.
2. Patience and caution: Take your time and be patient when removing components and disconnecting ribbon cables. Rushing or applying excessive force may lead to damage.
3. Double-check connections: Ensure that all ribbon cables are properly connected and secure before reassembling the device.
4. Adhesive replacement: If the adhesive is damaged or worn out during the screen removal process, replace it with adhesive tape or adhesive glue for the proper adhesion of the back cover and screen.
Replacing the screen of a Huawei Mate 20 Pro smartphone can be accomplished with the right tools, precautions, and instructions. However, it is essential to weigh the pros and cons of a DIY screen replacement versus seeking professional assistance. Following the step-by-step guide and considering the potential challenges, tips, and recommendations provided will help ensure a successful screen replacement.
huawei mate 20 pro screen replacement price
huawei mate 20 pro screen repair near me
huawei mate 20 screen replacement
huawei mate 20 pro screen replacement kit
huawei mate 20 pro back glass replacement price
huawei mate 20 pro screen protector
huawei lcd repair price
huawei mate 20 pro repair