The Apple Watch Series 4 is a smartwatch that can help you keep in touch, stay healthy, and get things done. It has a sapphire crystal screen that is very hard and scratch-resistant, but also somewhat brittle and prone to cracking or chipping. It also has advanced health sensors, such as an ECG app, a blood oxygen app, and a temperature sensor. It also has innovative safety features, such as emergency SOS, international emergency calling, fall detection, and crash detection.
You can choose between two sizes for the Apple Watch Series 4: 40mm or 44mm. The size refers to the height of the case, not the width or thickness. The 40mm Apple Watch Series 4 has a case that measures 40 x 34 x 10.7 mm and weighs 30.1 grams (without the band). It has a 1.57-inch display with a resolution of 394 x 324 pixels. The 44mm Apple Watch Series 4 has a case that measures 44 x 38 x 10.7 mm and weighs 36.7 grams (without the band). It has a 1.78-inch display with a resolution of 448 x 368 pixels. The display area of the 44mm model is nearly 27% larger than that of the 40mm model, which may make it easier to read and interact with the screen. However, both sizes have the same features and functions, such as a Retina display, a dual-core S4 processor, an optical heart rate sensor, an accelerometer, a gyroscope, a compass, a barometric altimeter, a speaker, a microphone, a haptic engine, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, NFC, GPS, GLONASS, Galileo, QZSS, and emergency SOS.
Both sizes also have the same battery life of up to 18 hours of mixed usage. However, some activities may use more battery power on the larger model due to the bigger display. For example, using GPS for outdoor workouts may reduce the battery life faster on the 44mm model than on the 40mm model.
The choice of size depends on your personal preference and wrist size. Generally speaking, the larger model may be more suitable for people with larger wrists or those who like a bigger screen. The smaller model may be more suitable for people with smaller wrists or those who like a more discreet and lightweight device.
👪The Apple Watch Series 4 is a sleek and innovative device that has become an integral part of many people's lives
With its stunning screen, it provides a seamless and convenient experience for its users. However, accidents happen, and the screen of the Apple Watch Series 4 can get cracked or damaged. In this article, we will discuss the importance of the screen, provide step-by-step instructions for replacing it, and discuss the pros and cons of DIY screen replacement.
The screen of the Apple Watch Series 4 is crucial for its functionality. It displays important information such as the time, notifications, apps, and fitness data. It also enables touch interactions, making it easy to navigate through menus and perform various tasks. A damaged or cracked screen can hinder these functionalities and affect the overall user experience.
⌚Can you replace the screen on an Apple Watch Series 4?
The Apple Watch Series 4 is a sleek and powerful smartwatch that can help you stay connected, healthy, and productive. However, it also has a delicate screen that can get damaged by drops, bumps, or scratches. If your screen gets cracked or broken, can you replace it yourself, or do you need to send it to Apple or an authorized service provider? Here's what you need to know.
The Apple Watch Series 4 features a sapphire crystal screen, which is very hard and scratch-resistant, but also somewhat brittle and prone to cracking or chipping under high impact or pressure. If your screen gets damaged, you have a few options to get it fixed. You can either send it to Apple or an authorized service provider, or try to replace it yourself with a DIY kit.
If you choose to send it to Apple or an authorized service provider, you can expect to pay a fee depending on your warranty status and the extent of the damage. The Apple Limited Warranty covers your Apple Watch Series 4 and the accessories that come in the box against manufacturing defects from the date you bought them. However, it does not cover accidental damage, such as cracked or broken screens. If you have AppleCare+, you can get coverage for accidental damage from handling, subject to a service fee per incident. You can also get Express Replacement Service, which means you can get a replacement device before sending your original one.
If you choose to replace the screen yourself, you need to be aware of the risks and challenges involved. Replacing the screen requires a sharp blade, a heat source, and a lot of patience and precision. You also need to buy a replacement screen kit that includes the OLED display and fused glass digitizer (touchscreen), as well as the adhesive and tools needed for the repair. Replacing the screen can also cause issues with Apple Pay, so you might want to update your Apple Watch to watchOS 5 or later (and the paired iPhone to iOS 12 or later) before the replacement.
🛠️Before we delve into the process of replacing the screen
It is important to note that Apple does not officially support user-replaceable screens for Apple Watch Series 4. They recommend contacting Apple Support or visiting an Apple Authorized Service Provider for repairs. However, if you are confident in your skills, replacing the screen yourself can be a cost-effective alternative.
Here are the step-by-step instructions for replacing the screen:
1. Gather the necessary tools: To replace the screen, you will need a few essential tools such as a tri-point screwdriver, a suction cup, a spudger or plastic opening tool, and a pair of tweezers. Purchasing a professional repair tool kit can be a good investment if you plan on doing DIY repairs regularly.
2. Power down the Apple Watch: Before starting the replacement process, turn off the Apple Watch and remove it from the charger to prevent any accidental damage or electrical hazards.
3. Remove the display: Using the suction cup, carefully lift the screen away from the body of the Apple Watch. Apply gentle and even pressure to avoid any additional damage. If needed, use the spudger or plastic opening tool to help separate the display from the casing.
4. Disconnect the cables: Once the display is lifted, you will notice a series of cables connecting it to the body of the Apple Watch. Using the spudger or plastic opening tool, gently disconnect these cables by releasing the small connectors. Take your time and be careful not to damage the cables or connectors.
5. Transfer the components: If your replacement screen does not come with all the necessary components, carefully transfer the original components from the damaged screen to the new one. These components may include the speaker module, force touch gasket, or the digital crown.
6. Connect the cables: Attach the cables from the replacement screen to their corresponding connectors on the Apple Watch body. Ensure a secure connection by gently pressing them together. Be cautious not to exert excessive force as it may damage the connectors or cables.
7. Reattach the display: Carefully align the replacement screen with the body of the Apple Watch and press down firmly until you hear a click or feel it securely attach. The suction cup can be useful in ensuring even pressure during this step.
8. Test the functionality: Once the replacement screen is attached, power on the Apple Watch. Test all the functionalities such as touch interactions, display brightness, and force touch. Ensure everything works as expected before proceeding further.
💸Replacing the screen yourself can be cost-effective compared to seeking professional help
The cost of a replacement screen can vary, but it is generally cheaper than paying for Apple's repair services. Additionally, performing the replacement yourself can save time, as you may not have to wait for appointments or deal with the hassle of shipping your device for repair. However, there are certain challenges and risks associated with DIY screen replacement.
One common challenge is sourcing a high-quality replacement screen. Ensure that you purchase a reputable and compatible screen to guarantee optimal performance. Additionally, the process itself requires precision and delicacy. Mishandling the connectors or applying excessive force can cause further damage or even render the Apple Watch unusable. It is essential to follow the instructions carefully and exercise caution throughout the process.
Considering these challenges, seeking professional assistance may be more appropriate in certain scenarios. If you are not confident in your technical skills, lack the necessary tools, or if your Apple Watch is still under warranty, professional help should be sought. Apple or an authorized service provider can provide reliable repairs and ensure that your device is handled by experienced technicians.
Replacing the screen on an Apple Watch Series 4 can be done by following proper instructions and using the necessary tools. It is crucial to exercise caution and take into account the potential challenges and risks involved. DIY screen replacement can be a cost-effective alternative, but it is advisable to seek professional assistance if you are unsure of your abilities or if your device is under warranty. Remember, a properly functioning screen enhances the overall experience of using your Apple Watch Series 4.
apple watch series 4 screen replacement price
apple watch screen replacement cost
apple watch series 4 screen replacement near me
apple watch series 4 44mm screen replacement
apple watch series 4 40mm screen replacement cost
apple watch screen replacement cost australia
apple watch series 4 screen replacement kit
apple watch repair